Gold is rare and is becoming harder and harder to mine. It is 18 times rarer than silver and six times rarer than platinum. It cannot tarnish or rust and is nearly impossible to destroy. It has a very high melting point, and only cyanide can dissolve it. These unique properties and rarity have made it a popular store of wealth for three millennia.
New gold deposits are being found less and less often. The gold output from South Africa, the largest gold- producing nation, has decreased by more than half in the last 10 years, while costs in North America have doubled. These difficulties in the mining of gold mean that the amount above ground is growing by only 1.6 percent annually.
How to Buy Gold Safely
Gold is the original bartering tool and is a useful physical store for value, but no gold-based currency has ever been successful.
Purchasing gold for the first time can be daunting, but there are some tips that can help you, such as:
- Store the gold in a commercial vault, not a bank.
- Do not take your gold home (except for maybe a few small coins).
Why People Own Gold
When returns on cash and bonds are negative, gold tends to appeal strongest to private investors. It is often used as insurance against financial instability and bad central-bank policy.
Time to Buy?
With OneGold, you can own gold as your personal property without an expensive investment vehicle, and it is safely stored in the Royal Canadian Mint or in the United States.
How to Start Gold Investing with OneGold
With a deep understanding of precious metals unmatched in any competing partnership, APMEX and Sprott came together with a shared vision for the evolution of precious metals ownership. OneGold is the result of the knowledge, experience, and resources of these two globally recognized partners.
- Create a Free Account at OneGold.com
- Choose between our selection of investment-grade precious metals.
- Low premiums & tight spreads.
- Purchase using Bitcoin, Check, Credit Card or connect your Bank Account.
- No need to wait on funds clearing, you can “Buy Now, Pay Later”.
- Fully allocated and segregated investment grade precious metals.
- Annual storage fees are Silver .30% & Gold .12%