Investing in Platinum
Investing in Platinum
Platinum is a unique investment opportunity among precious metals. Like silver, platinum is also used as an industrial metal, opening it up to more sources of demand than just finance. What do you need to know to get started with platinum investment?
Types of Platinum Investment
Platinum is available in a variety of forms for investment.
- Physical Platinum: Platinum can be bought in coins, bars and rounds, like other investment-grade precious metals. These come with a variable amount of premium over and above the spot price, with coin usually carrying more markup than other forms of the metal. Smaller amounts carry more markup than larger amounts.
- Platinum Stocks: There are stocks that are exposed to the spot price of platinum, with the biggest example being mining stocks. These stocks can be bought and sold easily on exchanges and are affected by more factors than just the price of the metal. Other factors may include the stability of the region where the mine is located or how advanced the company’s mining technology is.
- Platinum Options and Futures: These derivative investments allow for highly-leveraged short-term bets on the price of platinum. They come with significant risk, though, and are not meant for long-term investment or inexperienced investors.
- Platinum ETFs: Platinum ETFs are funds made of a large basket of platinum-related assets. These can include physical platinum itself, mining stocks, logistical companies involved in PGMs (platinum group metals) and more.
- Digital Platinum: Platinum can be bought and sold through various digital exchanges in fractional amounts. OneGold falls under this category, although OneGold has the additional advantage of redemption for physical platinum products.
The OneGold Advantage for Platinum
Platinum buying through OneGold combines the advantages of many other methods of investment.
OneGold allows access to platinum at a price that few can match. Our relationships with mints and refineries allow us to get our hands on the product easily. Our storage charges are also low: just 0.3% for platinum storage. This is lower than many ETFs and most banks. The combination of low fees and low cost makes platinum through OneGold an attractive investment option.
Storage is important as well, and unlike some other companies, OneGold has platinum pooled and allocated and set apart for you once you put your order in. It is stored in secure facilities around the world monitored by APMEX and Sprott, the two major precious metals companies that back OneGold. These holdings are insured against loss, theft, disaster and other issues that could arise, unlike many precious metals that people buy and hold physically.
And unlike many other companies, you can take delivery of your precious metals physically. You can choose from a wide variety of the products APMEX carries and cash out with options like Platinum Eagles or bars from trusted brands like Valcambi or PAMP Suisse.
Security is assured with OneGold. All logins require 2-factor authentication. With the combination of security, insurance, storage and convenience, OneGold is the easy choice for platinum investment. Get started today and you can be investing in precious metals within 5 minutes.